Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Garden at the State Fair of Texas

I was at the farm store buying supplies for Maverick and saw a pamphlet on Butterflies at the State Fair. I love butterflies and have on my to do list to learn how to raise them one day...probably after my gladiating days as a horsewoman start to peter out.

David and I took a couple of days off from work and went to the gardens at the Stake Fair. It was after the fair was over, but that is ok. Too much of a good thing can be a case for overdoing....we can do the state fair thing next year.

Here are of few interesting pics from our visit and the gardens with butterflies all over the place. It was really pretty.





Grandpa


Grandma


Flowers that feed the caterpillars.



Stages of a caterpillar as it becomes a butterfly.









Flowers that feed the butterfly.



A surprise find amoungst the flowers...Good eye Grandpa and good shot Grandma!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay, where was the cotton candy? I mean, you were at the state fair right? Don't tell me you guys know better than to eat the fluffy balls of sugar.

Nice to see that flowers are still blooming somewhere! Nice pictures of the two of you.

I wish you a warm hello and welcome to my family news.