Sunday, November 16, 2008

Fun Sighting on a Sunday Afternoon

Since I work from home, every now and then David gets me out of the house and we go for a drive.

One Sunday afternoon we drove to Celina, TX. The barn we have Maverick is in Celina.

While David and I were driving around the CR roads, about 4pm we witnessed a mother bobcat and her 2 cubs crossing the road. They had reached the other side of the road about 30 feet in front of us and the mom stopped briefly on the side of the road and gave us, the look. Then she scampered off with her cubs.

It was a beautiful sight, but not long enough to get a picture. So, I have borrowed a picture off of the internet to give kids outhere (hehehe) an idea of what she and her cubs looked like. She was not a very big bobcat, but still beautiful.

1 comment:

Michael Dean said...

Yep, that's a Felinus Robertus alright. We had one or two cruising our property in our front yard earlier this year in Celina. Decided to keep the kids close to the house until we cut the grass short.

I wish you a warm hello and welcome to my family news.